Tuesday, November 24, 2009

This isn't a death sentence

This isn't a Death Sentence..
That is what my doctor told me on Friday when she noticed I had tears in my eyes. I did NOT get a thumbs up to start trying to conceive again..in fact, I got a big frown. For one, I gained 5lbs. FIVE freaking pounds in 6 weeks. Really? I know I haven't been perfect, but I know I have been doing better. For two, after going over my lab draw, my TSH was at 11 for November. Freaking 11.."normal" is 5! That is even after 6 weeks on Synthroid 50mg. Given this news, I was very upset. I told the Dr. that we were wanting to start trying again on this cycle and she basically looked at me like I was stupid. She said that with my hormone levels as high there is no way I'd be able to carry a healthy pregnancy. She also wants me to lose 4lbs by May which I think is obtainable if I'm strict, strict, strict. She did not recommend getting pregnant for six months.
This isn't a Death Sentence..

It is sad that when I was younger getting pregnant was my biggest fear, and now that I'm older, wiser and married not being able to have a baby and grow a family is my biggest fear. I'm sorry I haven't been posting lately, but this is about the only thing that's been on my mind. Oh yea, that and hosting my first Thanksgiving as being married for my inlaws. Yikes.

2 comments:

  1. Just from reading your posts, I know that you are working so hard to obtain a healthy weight! You can totally do 4 lbs. by May. Keep your chin up girl, I know it's tough.

    I'll say a little prayer that everything works out : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm sorry. I can imagine how frustrating this must be for you! You should take the time to get healthy though, so that your body will be able to carry a baby, it will be worth it in the end!

    Take care, and Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete