Wednesday, September 23, 2009

South Beach

I forgot to mention that I am on day #3 of the South Beach diet. So far so good, but I am hungry! I read somewhere that the cravings go away after a week..I sure hope so. This weekend will be a test of my determination..I have a one year old's birthday to go to on Saturday and I volunteered to make cupcakes!
I've done Weight Watchers (4 times!!) before and did lose 19lbs, but then my sister (who was my partner) became pregnant and quit. I tried to do it by myself, but wasn't motivated at that point in my life. I'm motived now, because I have gained some "marital bliss" LBS!
I think I will update my progress on Mondays because that is when I plan on weighing. I will also post my favorite South Beach recipe of the week. I will leave you with a recipe: (sorry I forgot to take pics when I was cooking!)

Taco Bake
Ingredients:
1lb. Ground Beef
1 can refried beans
onion
green pepper
2 tbsp. chilli powder
1 tbsp garlic powder
2/3 low fat cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 450. In cassarole dish, coat refriend beans and bake for 15 minutes. Brown ground beef with onions and green pepper. Season with spices. Remove cassarole dish and top beans with ground beef mixture. Top with cheese and bake for additional 10 minutes.

Very easy!! I liked that the refried beans acted as a crust. DH loved it too and he's still kind of apprehensive of the no carb diet. Wish me luck this weekend :)

1 comment:

  1. yumm..... this recipe sounds so good. I'll have to give that a try!

    ReplyDelete